1. Become a 2019 CMBC Member
Even if we have a high level of popularity on our post Facebook and our events, less bikers bought a membership this year than the 2 previous years. Support the biking community! For more info: 2019 Membership. Memberships are only $15 and are good for: races, recreational events, group rides, advocacy, trail-building and maintenance, discounts from sponsors, skills classes etc...and YES you have discounts to local businesses and Sacred Rides!
2. Volunteers needed- Gravity Skills Clinics and Dirt Girls
1. Gravity Skills Clinic
Sunday June 2 and June 9. We need one person from about 8:30 to 5:30 on Sunday, June 2 and 9 to help us drive mountain bikers up Montana Mountain. Trucks and transportation to Carcross are provided, as well as lunch. 2. We also need one person to help out for a couple of hours during the day on Saturday, June 8, just running to pick up some food for hungry bikers.
2. Dirt Girls need some ride leaders!
7 pm on Tuesday evenings and meeting spots change week to week.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any of these positions!
3. *New* Trail Maintenance Boot Camp. May 28-30
CMBC, in partnership with the City of Whitehorse will be holding a Trail maintenance Bootcamp May 28 to 30th at Mount Mac. The objective will be to present some theory and practical skills for building and maintaining trails according to accepted City standards. If you have an interest in contributing to trail building or trail maintenance, this camp is for you. Sessions will run from 6:00-9:30PM every night. For more information, visit the Facebook event
4. Pump n' Jump Session- FUNraiser/OpenHouse Wednesday June 5
Well be pumping and jumping through the evening with on-the-fly lessons from Dylan, all the while, bringing the community up to speed on all of our exciting plans for making biking better. Join CMBC members next Wednesday June 5th, with special guest Dylan Sherrard, invites the Whitehorse riding community for an evening of playtime on two wheels at the Mount Mac Dirt and Soul Skills Park.
5. Shred Hard Nights - Spots available - Thursday, June 6 Next June 6, 5:30 to 7:30PM, join Dylan Sherrard for an evening of riding on the Riverdale trails that first inspired him to chase a career in mountain biking. This skills clinic is target for begineer to intermediate level riders, ages 10 to 15. We'll go on a tour of Dylan’s favorite trails while practicing our cornering skills and overall bike posture. Dylan will also collect some images of riders so that everyone has a few memories of our sessions. 30$ More info can be found here: https://cmbcyukon.ca/shred-hard-youth-weeknight-sessions/6. Trail Maintenance Nights 2019
Join us next June 12th, July 14th and August 10th 2019- Bring your glove and smile, we cover the tools and refreshments! We will provide updates on the trail chosen/evenings soon. For more information, visit the Facebook Event.
7. Bike Biathlon- Try something new this July
Every Wednesday night of July, we'll be riding four short (~2.5km) laps with three rounds of shooting each night. In true biathlon fashion, you will have to ride penalty loops for each target missed. Unlike normal biathlon, the rifles will be left at the shooting stations between laps and not carried on the course. CMBC members only 10$ per admission/night. Rifles and ammunition will be provided by the club! For more information, visit the Facebook Event.
8. Klondike Krankfest, Sponsored by Icycle Sport - July 13-14
When we first thought up the idea for Klondike Krankfest, we wanted to throw a party. We wanted a full festival experience. We wanted entry to expert-level skills clinics. We wanted it all. But over the last month or so, we’ve come to the conclusion that Klondike Krankfest needs to be scaled back. Despite a successful bike garage sale earlier this spring, unforeseen risks that could put our club in financial trouble have arisen. Some of these risks are out of CMBC’s control. As a result, our board decided to trim Klondike Krankfest down.
We will still host an awesome mountain biking event, but instead of a party, we will focus on providing skills clinics and a fun racing event. We’ve have had so much demand for skills clinics this year, we wanted to give you the best - and we have.
Saturday, July 13, 2019
Advanced Skills Clinic - Youth: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.8 Hours of Krankfest: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, July 14, 2019
Advanced Skills Clinic - Adult: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
More info can be found here and soon on Facebook
Have a great summer everyone!